Proactiv+ Review

17:02

Hello everyone!

10 weeks ago I was kindly sent the Proactiv+ Skincare System which I was very excited about. The brand has had a lot of good press so I wanted to get some of that spot-zapping action! For more of an insight as to what they're all about check out my last post here.

After using these products religiously, twice a day for 10 weeks, I have to say I am not entirely impressed. Don't get me wrong they have their pros but for the price and the 10-week turn around I think there are more affordable products out there.

Saying this, I have a strong instinct that if you had very acne prone skin this would be more effective so if you have had a better experience leave a comment down below and let everyone know!

Skin Smoothing Exfoliator

This was my favourite product of the bunch I would definitely buy it again and you can buy them individually so thumbs up to that! I don't often use physical exfoliators but this one has a gentle grain that isn't too abrasive. It has a lovely gel-like texture that feels very hydrating on the skin and doesn't leave that squeaky clean feeling. The smell isn't anything to shout about but isn't too pungent either.

Pore Targeting Treatment 

The first thing I noticed about this product is the very runny consistency; as you opened up the tube it dripped out and could very easily make a mess. I must admit I didn't see any shrinkage of my pores nor any less blackheads. It did feel quite nice on the skin, moisturising and creamy, and you really don't need much of it.

Complexion Perfecting Hydrator

Unfortunately, this was my least favourite product. I really didn't like the smell to start with, it was quite chemically and, as you know, I like to keep what I use on my skin as natural as possible. It felt reasonable on the skin but after a few uses I actually thought my skin was drier than usual which went against its own use.

The biggest down side to the pore treatment and perfecting hydrator is that they left a horrible veil over the skin which bunched up when you put makeup over it. One day I went bare faced and could actually feel it rolling up into little balls on my face when I touched it, not attractive. 

Skin Purifying Mask

I didn't mind this product, went on and dried nicely and when you washed it off it had a lovely grain the felt very invigorating. Afterwards, it left my skin feeling soft but I couldn't see any lasting effect. 

Overall, as you can probably tell, I wasn't a fan. Maybe it's just me but I don't think they're worth the hype. But I would really love to hear if anyone has had a good experience with these products.

I hope you enjoyed this post,
Bronwyn x


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram

Like me on Facebook

Follow me on Twitter

Subscribe