Left Over Easter Egg Brownies

16:00

Hello Everyone!

Spring is one of my favourite times of year, the sun, the flowers, the baby animals, the pastel colours and most importantly Easter and you know what that means... chocolate! I love chocolate, always have done, always will do but at Easter it can all get a bit too much. After my second Easter egg I came up with an ingenious idea, 'What if I could find a recipe tailored to my left over Easter chocolate?'

After some trawling on the internet I came up with this really simple recipe for 'Left Over Easter Egg Brownies'; it uses exactly one Easter egg (I used Cadbury's) which mean one less thing to measure and you can include some extra chocolate goodies too! 


Ingredients:

1 Easter Egg (equal to 100g)
100g Baking Butter
200g Self Raising Flour
200g Brown OR Caster Sugar

Optional (pick one):

Cadbury's Mini Eggs
Mini Oreos
Cadbury's Mini Creme Eggs
Cadbury's Dairy Milk/Daim/Oreo Eggs


Method:

1. Melt the chocolate and butter together in a saucepan over a very low heat.

2. Take off the heat and allow to cool slightly then stir in the sugar and eggs.

3. Add the self raising flour and cocoa powder gradually folding them in as you go.

4. Pour the mix into a greased square tin (30cm x 35cm).

5. (Optional) Push in an extra Easter chocolate per estimated portion. 

6. Place in the oven at 180° for 15 minutes. Allow to cool.

Top Tips:

2. You need this to cool ever so slightly so you don't scramble the eggs but do not allow to cool completely, you only need around 60 seconds.

4. I placed a sheet of greased baking paper at the bottom of the tin and greased the sides and it slipped out nicely.

6. The brownies are meant to be gooey inside so don't worry if they appear raw. You will know that they're cooked if the top is dry and slightly tough to touch. If you want more of a cakey consistency just pop them back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes (checking after 5). You should allow them to cool before cutting and serving them otherwise they will be a sloppy mess, yummy but sloppy! You could heat them up again if you wanted to serve them hot but I didn't try this so do so at you own peril! 


I thoroughly enjoyed these brownies; well, the half of one I got to try before my family swooped on them like of flock of seagulls! I just liked to see my Easter chocolate being put to good use. I used the Milk Chocolate Daim Eggs and I think they worked pretty well but my initial thought was that it would be great to be able to use a whole Easter Egg set until I noticed Cadbury has decided to reduce the extras to one per box! Dear Cadbury, where is my second Creme Egg? What is happening to this world? Next they will be selling Easter Egg halves!

If you try out this delicious recipe then tag me in some pictures on Instagram or Twitter @bronwynsbeauty! Also, if you have any other ideas feel free to leave them in the comments below.

I hope you enjoyed this post,
Bronwyn x


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram

Like me on Facebook

Follow me on Twitter

Subscribe