Nivea Post Shave Balm Primer Hack Review

16:00

Hello Everyone!

There has been some SERIOUS hype over this unlikely subject here over the past few months! I personally heard about it from my makeup obsessed pals and then watched NikkieTutorials' discovery of it. The idea is that the high Glycerine content of the balm adheres your skin to your makeup meaning it stay on all day. I was a dubious about the idea but finally caved in when I found it on offer in Waitrose for a minuscule £2.50, considering I would usually spend around £15-25 on a primer!


I used this after my usual skincare routine like I would with any primer, it has the look and texture of the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer which I also really love. It went on like a moisturiser and a little went a long way, I can tell you now that one bottle of this stuff is going to last a looong time! I was surprised to see that it sank in really quickly and didn't leave too much tackiness which would have made it hard to blend my foundation. The rest of my makeup went on really nicely over the top, it actually left a lovely glowy finish.

I was checking my makeup all day expecting a bald patch here and a smudge there but there wasn't! I took my makeup of at about 10.30 and my foundation was still pretty much intact with no touch ups; I am super impressed! I didn't experience any reaction or irritation and I think it actually made my skin look a little brighter by the end of the day.

I can tell you now, this stuff right here is really worth the hype! I can't fault it! The only thing that might put you off is the slight aftershave-y scent but I quite like it and it doesn't last for long at all.

Have you tried the Nivea Post Shave Balm? If so, what did you think?

I hope you enjoyed this post,
Bronwyn x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram

Like me on Facebook

Follow me on Twitter

Subscribe