My Brow Routine w/ ABH Dipbrow Pomade

16:00

Hello Everyone!

In my opinion, without brows my makeup would be nothing! As Jack Black once said, 'Never underestimate the power of the eyebrow.'. I am constantly asked how I do my brows and here is the answer!

I am completely and utterly in love with this wonder Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade (in Dark Brown) (ABH), it makes my whole routine ten times quicker and it just makes me feel all fuzzy and warm on the inside!


I trim and pluck my own eyebrows so no fancy threading, HD brows or anything; I like my eyebrows and always worry about what could happen if they got in the wrong hands!

Once these bad boys are tamed, I outline my desired eyebrow shape with ABH and the Real Techniques Limited Edition (Nic's Picks) Eyeliner Brush, you could use RT's Bold Metals Angled Liner which is very similar. I only line two-thirds of the top so I can achieve an ombre look but that's down to personal preference. I then blend up/down into my eyebrow so it doesn't look too harsh, it's important that you cant tell you've outlined them. Don't blend so much that it looks diffused if you want a sharp brow as this could look messy.


Next, I fill them in. As you can see in my beautiful diagram here there are three stages to this; I work in thirds. I fill the pink area with light hand and work upwards to keep the definition at the base this creates an ombre look, sometimes I don't add any extra product and just blend upwards from the outline. The purple area is a bit darker, I like to use short brush strokes, to create the illusion of hairs, from here on. Then, the blue tail is the darkest with the most definition. Try not to pack to much product on as it can look a little shiny or glued to your face. Of course these three sections are blended together and not left looking like a colour chart (may I draw your attention to Fig. 1) so just make sure there are no harsh lines or contrasts.


Fig. 1
For a more natural feel I leave it here but when I want to push the boat out I take my beloved Real Techniques Detailer Brush and L'Oreal True Match concealer and define around my eyebrow making sure that everything is sharp. If you do this this it is so important that you don't cake it on or go over large chunks of your brow you want to hide (you can hide them using this technique if you don't want to pluck/wax etc.), as long as you stick to this and blend, blend, blend with minimal product it can look great!


To finish off I set my eyebrows with Maybelline Brow Drama in Medium Brown; this just makes sure everything is going to stay in place all day.

I hope this answers all of your questions as to how I do my brows, if there's anything else you need to know leave me a comment down below (I honestly think I should become a poet!)!

I hope you enjoyed this post,
Bronwyn x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram

Like me on Facebook

Follow me on Twitter

Subscribe