Cut Crease and Bold Lips Makeup Tutorial

17:03

Hello everyone!

I thought I'd mix things up today and do a very bold and fun look for you. I know it's not to everyone's taste but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless!



As this is a look that could get a bit messy, I started with the eyes. Firstly, I used my finger to pat on a white cream eyeshadow all over the lid, this will act as a primer. Using a wide, flat brush I pressed a white eyeshadow on top. 



Instead of using a gel or liquid eyeliner I decided to use the black from Collection's Smoky Eye Palette. This creates a softer line so that the look is still wearable. For this step make sure to create a wing so it ties in with the cut crease, if you aren't very comfortable with this I would suggest using masking tape as a guide!

(Now, this bit is quite tricky, if you are a beginner maybe start off with a more neutral shade to make mistakes less obvious and work your way up to a dark shadow as you become more confident!) For my cut crease I used a the same black shadow and brush, I worked my way from where my crease starts, along my crease and flicked out in a line parallel to my liner. I then blended it out with a pencil brush.

Top tip: to sharpen up the edges use a detailer brush with concealer, easy peasy!

I finished off with my Benefit Roller Lash (a quick review, it's bloomin' brilliant) and what else but my Seventeen Brow Kit and Maybelline Brow Drama!


My hand's blurry because it moves so quickly whilst contouring, I am actually surprised there aren't sparks coming from it!

I don't want to bore you with my base as I kept it very simple and as you've seen it before. I used:

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer (Fingers)
Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation (RT Beauty Blender)
L'Oreal True Match Concealer (RT Beauty Blender)
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (Glow Powder Brush)
Sleek Blush by 3 in Californ.I.A (Glow Angled Powder Brush)
Benefit Hoola Bronzer (Brush included)
Benefit High Beam (Finger)



For my lips I used a deep plum colour (Rimmel Kate in 03), you could use any lipstick you wanted! For Spring, I suggest using a vibrant pink but I wanted to go all out with this look!

This is the look complete, I hope you love it as much as I do!




I hope you enjoyed this post,
Bronwyn x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram

Like me on Facebook

Follow me on Twitter

Subscribe